Illness, Thy Name Is...

...severe respiratory infection and bronchitis. So, "Anonymous" thanks for suggesting it may be Kuru (what-the-shutchermouf???) or Lupus; as if I didn't feel bad enough already.

Anywhoo, it's Day Five of "not feeling so good," and Day Three of laying on the sofa watching the ever-entertaining smut on BravoTV.

Until this week, I thought the powers-that-be at Bravo had really hit a low note with The Real Housewives of Atlanta. Now I understand its value: providing seriously sick mamas with a dose of indulgent, guilty pleasure between bouts of coughing up nasty green stuff. One question, though: why are they ALWAYS DRINKING on that show? Seriously! That Kim person was actually holding a full wine glass while sitting in her Porsche. I'm sure she wasn't driving but, still, open container law much?

Also, my new favorite expression is "black don't crack," another Kim-ism. Throw me some love, internets, post some comments with clever uses for that phrase. I think it will add to my street cred.

Comments

So glad you have been to see the doc and have some drugs to help you kick this stuff. I know it has made you feel so bad. Hopefully you are past the worst part. I don't watch Housewives. That kind of show drives me crazy. Take care. Hugs.
Kelly Warren said…
Sorry you are feeling so crappy! It sucks to be a sick mommy. I had pnuemonia in April. Go see these pictures to cheer you up. :-)
http://happyshackdesigns.blogspot.com/2008/04/sometimes-when-youre-feeling-puny.html

Hope you feel better soon!
LMP said…
For the infirm: Did you see Oprah at Obama's party in Grant Park? She looks fantastic! I tell you what, she must be about 86 by now but you know, black don't crack. Gobs of money seem to help people stay younger-looking, too, though, I've noticed.
Anonymous said…
maybe black don't crack, but

white's quite erudite.
pale can't fail.
crazy'n cauca-sian.
pasty'n tasty.
alabaster's faster'n all-a-bastards in this bar.
wan as flan with sunscreen on.
wan as flan in a walkathon.
milky'n silky like Rainer Rilke.
anonymous is synonymous with homogeneous

Where's my reality show?

Popular posts from this blog

This Wasn't Part of the Plan

Our Little Skater Boy

For Ed