Catching Up

As my Anonymous Blog Stalker "politely" reminded me, I haven't kept up with this NaBloPoMo thingy very well in the last five days. Whatever! Thanks for the suggested new daily mantra, but I think I'll stick with what works for me: Recommit daily to your goals. So, getting back to business. Starting with Sunday, five days late. Cheers to all us thieves! It may be late, but this meme is a perfect metaphor for the chaos that has reigned in my universe during the last five days.

1. Do you like blue cheese salad dressing? Yes, but not the creamy variety. I like blue cheese vinaigrette.

2. Favorite late night snack? Cherry Garcia, or Hash Browns scattered, smothered and covered.

3. Do you own a gun? Yes. A shotgun.

4. What’s your favorite drink at Starbucks or other specialty coffee shop? Venti Shaken Iced Passion Tea with three Splenda instead of the classic (sugar) syrup.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Not anymore, after bi-weekly, then weekly, OB visits with two doctors when I was pregnant last year.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? Ewww. But necessary.

7. Favorite Christmas song? Sailor's Christmas, Jimmy Buffett.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Either Orange or Cranberry juice, or Diet Coke.

9. Can you do push-ups? Yes.

10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My Ah Ring.

11. Favorite hobby? Cooking.

12. Do you have A.D.D.? No, I have Mommy Brain.

13. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself? Lack of self-discipline.

14. The last disease you contracted? Toxemia.

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:
  • I really need to organize my to-do list.
  • How soon can I leave work today?
  • I need a nap.

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Diet Coke, Red Zinger, wine.

17. Current worry right now? The sluggish economy, and whether it will start to affect my family even more than it already has affected us.

18. Current hate right now? Ain't got time to hate.

19. Favorite place to be? Anywhere with my family.

20. How did you ring in the New Year? PG and I were new parents of a three-week-old, so we enjoyed a lovely surf 'n turf supper with my sister, brother-in-law, nephews, and mother. We decided to not attend the party we were invited to attend, but we did cruise through Albertson's for ice cream and champagne. Then we went home, just the three of us. And we fell asleep before midnight, without eating the ice cream or popping the champagne. Somehow, it was perfect.

21. Like to travel? Do fish know how to swim?

22. Name three people who will complete Sunday Stealing this week:

23. Do you own slippers? Yes. Ugg slippers, and I loooooooooove them.

24. What color shirt are you wearing? My shirt is the color of a newborn fawn.

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No. It feels a bit sleazy. 400-thread count cotton, please.

26. Can you whistle? No.

27. Favorite singer/band? Jimmy Buffett.

28. Could you ever make it 39 days on the show Survivor? No.

29. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't sing in the shower. I chatter away with my son.

30. Favorite girl’s names? Gracelia, Ava Grace, Lila Sutton. Those are the girl names I chose before learning my Z was a He.

31. Favorite boy’s name? Zane.

32. What’s in your pocket right now? A pacifier.

33. Last thing that made you laugh? Last night's episode of Mythbusters.

34. Like your job? Yes, on most days.

36. Do you love where you live? The 239 is awesome: beaches, palm trees, sunshine, gorgeous winters.

37. How many TVs do you have in your house? Seven.

38. Who is your loudest friend? Allison, with two "L's." Alison with one "L" is quite soft-spoken.

39. Do you drive the speed limit or speed? I speed.

40. Does someone have a crush on you? I think so.

41. What is your favorite book? The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy.

42. What is your favorite candy? Loves me some Twizzlers, yo!

43. Favorite Sports Team? Florida Gators.

44. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Sleeping.

45. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up today? Is that a stinky diaper I smell?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Toxemia now?
Reckon it's a side-effect
Of lupus somehow?
*pal said…
hahahahahaha - Friday Haiku.

Popular posts from this blog

This Wasn't Part of the Plan

Our Little Skater Boy

For Ed