Awesomeness

For Epiphany.


Here is how I was awesome today. I:
  • got up at 6:45am (on time for once...)
  • made bottles, lunch and snacks for daycare
  • finished loading the dishwasher with dishes in the sink from last night (yuck!)
  • washed other dishes that cannot be cleaned in the dishwasher
  • ate breakfast (re-committing to do that every day...)
  • played with my son (PG takes the morning shift of feeding the morning bottle, changing diapers and dressing Zane for school...I get the fun part of just snuggling, kissing and playing with him...)
  • took a shower (and actually shaved my legs!)
  • brushed AND flossed my teeth (normally I have to floss before bedtime because I am too rushed to do it in the morning...I know...eewwwww...)
  • actually blew my hair dry AND styled it!
  • applied makeup, including lip gloss
  • selected an outfit I liked, on the first try
  • remembered my dress shoes for work (I always wear flip-flops until I arrive there...)
  • took Zane to daycare
  • communicated clearly and effectively with the daycare director about my concerns from last Wednesday
  • arrived at work on time!
  • put in a full day of work
  • picked up Zane from daycare right at 5:05pm
  • rocked Zane to sleep for his late afternoon catnap
  • started the dishwasher
  • started a load of laundry
  • went to a Pilates class for the first time in, oh, I don't know, 6 months?
  • picked up Crispers salads for dinner on the way home from the gym
  • managed to eat my dinner while holding an infant who was all about Mama tonight
  • put the laundry into the dryer, and pulled out the load that was already IN the dryer
  • folded the laundry, and actually put away all the kid stuff while Z was getting ready for bed
  • fed Zane his bedtime bottle and put him down for the night
  • washed the dishes in the sink (am I really the only one who sees them in there?); and
  • managed to stay on track with the NaBloPoMo thingy.

If you notice that the forgoing list of my accomplishments today does not include "I voted" that is because I voted three weeks ago via absentee ballot.

Also, an UPDATE (as of 10:20pm...): I just finished filling the warm steam vaporizer with water, the pinch of salt (to mitigate the hard water), and the VapoSteam, and plugging it in next to the crib - all without waking a soundly sleeping (but coughing...) baby.

And, for Joy.

Here is what I am thankful for today. I am thankful that God made me a Mama so that I can fully appreciate and enjoy what it means to take care of my family. See list above.

Comments

That was a busy day ....you are probably worn out today. Have a good Tuesday. xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

This Wasn't Part of the Plan

Our Little Skater Boy

For Ed