28.5 or 29.6

At left is a scan of several 3D ultrasound photos from today's visit with my doctors. I continue in wonder at the technology available today, and cannot IMAGINE where we'll be in 20 years.

I love the third shot...the sonographer thinks it is a bona fide smile since "babies don't have gas in utero..."

We both got a good report today: baby is 2 lbs., 14 oz. (+/- .7 oz) and 15 inches long from tip to toe. Heartbeat was a "perfect" 150 bpm. The coolest news is, although I am 28 weeks, 5 days along, baby's development is at 29 weeks, 6 days, which means baby's development is 8 days ahead of my due date. The doctors have not adjusted my due date, but today's measurements indicate baby could make its grand entrance as early as 12/21.

My sister thinks baby will arrive on Christmas Day. I would be okay with that...what greater gift could I ever receive? But, I am NOT okay with her suggestion for a name, should the baby arrive on Christmas Day. Somehow, I'm just not feeling "Hey, Zeus!"

Comments

Kristi said…
Isn't that the most wonderful thing ever? You just think you love those nephews...
I look at this blog just about every day and am still in awe of these pictures. Also printed and are on my wall.....amazing is not a strong enough word. Can't wait to rock this little one.......Todd won't let me rock him any more. :(

Popular posts from this blog

This Wasn't Part of the Plan

Our Little Skater Boy

For Ed