"We're From Where the Sox Train!"

One of the more kickass perks to living in Southwest Florida is Spring Training. Now that Phil and I are living together in Fort Myers, I am looking forward to those six glorious weeks in February and March when the weather is bee-YOO-tee-ful, the baseball is less expensive and we mortals have a better than decent chance of seeing our favorite baseball players upcloseandpersonal at Cru.

Sure, February and March are still a long way off; but Spring Training tickets went on sale this week.

In Fort Myers, much like my hometown of Clearwater, we have a choice of teams. You can tell from the photo which team we choose. The photo was taken - by the hat vendor - at
Fenway Park last April. It was my first trip to Fenway. I was a tad excited. So excited, in fact, that I hugged our ticket collector on my way through the turnstile. Phil, ever Johnny-on-the-Spot with a digital camera, snapped a photo. I'm all teeth. The poor ticket collector bears a look of sheer terror. The hat vendor was a bit more, um, "understanding." After selling us two of the "original, authentic, traditional" Sox hats, he happily snapped the photo you see in this post. We titled the picture "Geeks in the Hats." Whatever. We're from where the Sox train!

Comments

LMP said…
I WHOLE-HEARTEDLY approve of the hats! Go Sox!
*pal said…
I thought you might. We had KILLER seats, too...just behind the Sox dugout, about 5 rows back. Curt Schilling made his first start at Fenway. The beer was good, too.

Popular posts from this blog

This Wasn't Part of the Plan

Our Little Skater Boy

For Ed