On Champions and History

Say what you will about my Gator Mania...

Florida is the first school to hold National Championships in both college basketball and college football simultaneously. Moreover, the 2007 basketball championship is historic in its own right: this team is the first to win back-to-back championships with the same starting lineup. They dissed the NBA's riches for a shot to repeat as National Champs. They got what they wanted - and HOW!

It's a great time to be a Gator in Tallahassee. I can't WAIT for Gator Day at the Capitol!

Comments

LMP said…
I attended a non-sporting art and medicine school. We don't even have a football team...so I was just excited when VCU beat Duke even though it ended up being meaningless. At least I got to hear John Feinstein make mention of my alma mater. Whew-hoo! Go Rams! (I think we're the Rams...)
*pal said…
I hear you, sister! Sports is like a sickness; but then, there ARE worse addictions.

Popular posts from this blog

This Wasn't Part of the Plan

Our Little Skater Boy

For Ed