WPEBA?

Magic 8-Ball says, "yes."

It's been awhile. As much as I love writing, I find it very hard to keep up with regular posts. There is so much to write about and I'm a Virgo so I want to do it all in order, but I can't keep up with writing about everything that is happening so fast...so I don't know where to start...so I become...paralyzed.

I don't know why I put so much pressure on myself to make these blog entries "perfect:" timely, relevant, smart, witty, whatever. But, I do. And then there's the matter of pictures. All of our thousands of pictures are stored on a hard drive. At home. The trouble is, I don't have much free time for blogging when I am at home. And the truth is, I don't want to make the time for blogging at home. I would rather spend my time playing with PG and Zane.

So my first entry here in two months will be all words. Fittingly, it is about words. Specifically, all the words my 19-month-old genius has mastered.

At his 18-month well-baby visit, our nurse asked if Zane could say at least 15 words. Phil and I confidently answered "yes", and eagerly added that his vocabulary probably extended to about 25 words.

Not long after that appointment, Zane left for the first of his two summer vacations: a week in Alabama visiting the GGs with Pappi, Kyle and Todd. As we put together the operation manual for our Zane, including "Words Zane Can Say", we discovered that he must be a verbal ninja. Or a word nerd. Either way, Zane's vocabulary list included fifty - 50! - words. We are so proud of him because not only can he say these words, he uses and understands them in proper context. It must be the rum.

"MAH muh..."
***

"PAH puh..."
***
"moo!" - he is my child after all; I love the moon. I taught him the sign, too.
***
"BALLLLLLLLLLL..."
***
"BOHHHH!" - he waves and says "Hiiiiii!" at every passing boat, too
***
"ow-sigh"
***
"ee-sigh"
***
"wuh ssat" - he is a curious explorer
***
Waffle - "wa-wvu"
***
Juice - "juse" with a slight lisp on the finish
***
"moke" - the kid loves his milk
***
"peas" with a slight lisp on the finish - he always asks nicely.
***
"ah-ku" - and says thank you.
***
"ah kow" - we love you, too, little man.
***
"NIGH nigh..."
***
"moh" - the kid is very clear about what he likes, and when he wants more, he wants more! He makes the sign with this one, too.
***
"ah duh" - but when he's done, he adamantly repeats himself and makes the sign
***
Gigi - for my Grandmama
***
Daddy - for my Grandaddy
***
"kole" - he loves school
***
"haiii" - and he does his little Forrest Gump wave
***
"bye-bye" -also with a little flourish of a wave
***
"UH oh..."
***
"oh NOOOO" - and both hands go to his head to emphasize the point
***
"too too" - when he toots
***
"sit" - pretty clear, except he leaves off the hard T at the end and adds a slight lisp
***
No - this one, of course, is very clear...
***
My/mine - this one is very clear, too. sigh.
***
"cowl" - Big Cousin
***
"tah" - Middle Cousin
***
Pappi
***
"chuck" - whenever he sees PG's car
***
"sack" - the kid knows where his snacks are, too, by goodness.
***
"eye"
***
"noe"
***
"mow"
***
"fee" - if he is sitting down, laying on the changing table, or riding in his car seat, he will lift his leg to show us his feet when we ask him.
***
"book" - very clear, without the hard K at the end
***
"shu shuze" - he is so cute about putting on his shoes; he will bring his shoes to one of us, then turn around, back up, and sit in our lap for us to put them on him. Zane also knows how to put away his shoes!
***
"cwocks" - I don't care how comfortable Crocs are, people who wear them look like dumbasses. Everyone except little kids. Little kids look adorable in them.
***
"pooo" - the kid would jump right into the pool if we'd let him!
***
"Boo"
***
"diss"
***
"dat"
***
"wah diss?/wah dat?"
***
"Go"
***
"Go bye bye"
***
"I sit"
***
"yeaaahHHH" - this one cracks up PG and me. He escalates the second syllable.
***
"uh huh..."
***
"ur pur" - he pats the side of his bum when we are changing his diaper
***
"arm"
***
"knee"
***
"toes"
***
"rerver" - this is Zane's newest trick: as we approach the bridge every morning and afternoon, he gets very excited and says "rerver! rerver!" while pointing at the river.
***
"ehr pan" - whenever he even hears an airplane
***
"wock" - when he wants to be rocked
***
"where it go?"
***
"up"
***
"dow"
***
"amen"
***
"poon" - he is doing pretty well with his table manners
***
"bib"
***
"burr" - his beloved Lookout from Build-A-Bear
***
"waahhh...tu...go...fye...go..." - 1, 2, 3 go!
***
"ur gur" - Yo Baby, the most expensive yogurt on earth.
***
"beebee" - belly
***
"boobie" - he is his father's child, after all...
***
"crock ur" - sometimes I think we should have named him "Polly"
***
"coo KEEE" - "no, Ms. Busybody Buttinsky, I don't mind that my son is a hot mess eating his chocolate chip cookie while riding in the grocery cart. He is happy, and I can buy some wipes."

Comments

LMP said…
You are absolutely right about Crocs. I even think people should be done with them by the time they're Tweens.

Oh, and thanks for answering my question. :)

Popular posts from this blog

This Wasn't Part of the Plan

Our Little Skater Boy

For Ed