- He has five teeth now. Desi has joined Lucy & Ricky on the top choppers. Fred & Ethel are still enjoying their alone time on the bottom choppers.
- Zane has been officially crawling for about three weeks. Until last week, however, he was content to "crawl in place," never leaving one room for adventures in the great beyond. Now he CRUISES! He may start in the office with Papa, but he soon ventures into the kitchen or bathroom or den to find Mama, guided only by the sound of encouraging voices beckoning him to come "get" us. When he finds us, it's a riot of smiles and laughter. This is truly one of the most fun things about parenthood.
- Baby babbling is so sweet - especially when the sounds resemble words that bear meaning for Mama and Papa. Zane says "ma-ma-ma-ma" indiscriminately, but it warms my heart just the same.
- We took him to the doctor yesterday for a quick check of cold-like symptoms (he's fine...just a cold...no fever...just give it time...) and the nurse did a weight-check. The baby who was "underweight" at the six-month check-up now weighs...drum roll...19 pounds, 12 ounces. Solid!
- I think we may have a climber. Z regularly pulls himself to a standing position and, once he's there, continues reaching for the next highest point (usually a Mama or a Papa)
- I now understand the term "ankle biter." Enough said.
- Zane definitely understands "kisses." He will give us smooches on our lips, and he just loves when I give him "Eskimo kisses."
- Yesterday, while grocery shopping, Zane was riding shotgun in the grocery cart. As we finished our shopping, I stopped along one aisle to find a particular item. Zane sighed loudly and put his hand on my arm. When I leaned down to give him a smooch and reassure him that we were almost done and would be home soon, he reached up, put his arms around my neck and nuzzled his face into my shoulder. Make of that what you will, but I choose to believe my darling son gave his Mama a sweet hug.
Can you tell we are just in love with our sweet baby boy?